With several years of my legal profession and licensee of law society of Ontario, I strongly stand by the following principles:
- A recognition that the law society of Ontario, a reduction of barriers created by racism, unconscious bias, and discrimination and better representation of indigenous and racialist licensee in the legal professions in all legal workplaces and all level of seniority.
- My special responsibility as a member of legal profession to protect the dignity of all individuals, and to respect human rights laws in force in Ontario.
- A commitment to advanced reconciliation acknowledging that we are collectively responsible to support improved relationships between indigenous and non-indigenous people in Ontario and Canada.
- An acknowledgement of my obligation to promote equality, diversity, and inclusion generally and in my behavior towards colleagues, employees, clients, and public.
Our Advisory Areas
We provide Paralegal Services and Notary Public as already described. Apart from that we also provide different services.
Small Claims Court
Small Claims Court is a branch of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice that handles any actions for the payment of money or the recovery of personal property. The amount of the claim cannot exceed $35,000. Some of the issues we offer to our clients in the Small Claims Court are as follow:
(1) Breach of Contract Disputes;
(2) Misrepresentation, Fraud and Negligence
(3) Renovation Disputes
(4) Wrongful Dismissal Claims
(5) Collection of Unpaid Accounts
(6) Repair & Storage Lien Claims;
(7) Condominium Disputes
(9) Renovation Disputes
(10) and many more….
We can also assist you with Public Record Searches, Mediation & Arbitration and Judgment Enforcement.
The Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) resolves:
• disputes between residential landlords and tenants
• eviction applications filed by non-profit housing co-operative
We offer our services to the Landlords / Tenants before the Landlord and Tenant Board, our office assist clients with issues such as
• non-payment of rent;
• rent increases;
• illegal acts in a rental unit or complex,
• maintenance issues, and many more.
Under the Residential Tenancies Act, a landlord or a tenant can file an application for a determination of their respective rights. We represent both landlords and tenants in an array of different matters before the Landlord and Tenant Board.
Our office also assist landlords with the matters such as the Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Building Code, Property Standards & Property Assessment By-Laws.
Human Rights Tribunal
Human rights laws in Canada could be complex and difficult to understand, not to mention embarrassing and intimidating. We can be on your side who knows the essential of the laws in this area. In the Province of Ontario, the Human Rights Code ensures everyone’s right to be free from harassment and discrimination. In addition, the Code protects individuals from differential treatment on the following grounds:
- Place of Origin
- Ethnic Origin
- Marital Status
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity & Expression
- Family Status
- Receipt of Public
- Record of Offenses
Notary Public and Commissioner of Oath
Mobile Notary Public and Commissioner of Oath
- Affidavits & Sworn statements
- Invitation Letter
- Certify True Copy of documents
- Statutory Declaration Affidavit of Divorce
- Affidavit of execution of a Will
- Affidavit for lost cheque
- Affidavit of service
- Application Exporting vehicles overseas
- Application of Change name
- Common-law union declaration
- Consent letter to travel
- OSAP declaration
And many more…
We also offer services in Condominium Disputes between owners, condominium corporations, and their governing bodies. Where the damages amount to $35,000.00 or less, we can assist you with issues such as contract disputes, improper liens, and nuisance claims.
Azimi Legal Services would be pleased to be your condominium representative. We are dedicated to working with you to deal with any needs and/or challenges that fall within our scope of practice, including applications and appearances before the Condominium Authority of Ontarioe (the “CAO”).
Provincial Offenses and other Tribunals
We offer representation at most of the tribunals in Ontario.
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- The Bailiff’s Act
- The Building Code Act
- The Cemeteries Act
- The Collection Agencies Act
- The Consumer Protection Act
- The Consumer Reporting Act
- The Highway Traffic Act
- The Motor Vehicle Dealers Act
- The Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act
- The Real Estate and Business Brokers Act
- The Travel Industry Act
Business Registration and Minute Book updating
We offer free consultation on followings:
- Incorporating your business Federally/ Provincially
- General Limited /Partnership
- Business License
- CRA Registration
- Name Search
- HST Registration
- Master Business License
- Minute Book update
Record Suspension (Pardon)
To assist you in removing your Criminal Record from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database in accordance with the Criminal Records Act, Youth Criminal Justice Act, and ministerial directives.
The Criminal Records Act (CRA) applies only to records kept by federal organizations, but most provincial and municipal criminal justice agencies also restrict access to their records once they are told that a record suspension has been ordered.